Roast Pork Tenderloin with Peach Gastrique
This dish is comforting since it closely emulates a stew, but with a sauce instead of broth. The pork is roasted with vegetables, garlic, thyme, and saige until the vegetables are mostly soft and the juices meld together. The sauce is peach balsamic gastrique with the residual juices from the roasted pork.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 20-25 min
- 1 pork tenderloin
- 1 russet potato
- 3 carrots
- 8 cremini mushrooms (baby portobellos)
- 1/2 vidalia onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 ripe peach
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 8 sage leaves
- 10 thyme sprigs
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Sheet pan (preferably with edges)
- Sauce pan
- Aluminum foil
- Dice the potato, carrots, and mushrooms into 1 inch pieces
- Cut the onion into 1/4 inch slices
- Mince the garlic
- Dice the peach into 1/2 inch pieces (or smaller is fine)
- Take two pieces of aluminum foil and fold up the edges to form a vessel to hold the pork and vegetables. Put this on the sheet pan.
- Place the pork tenderloin in the middle of the aluminum foil on the sheet pan.
- Place the potato, onion, carrot, and mushroom around and on top of the pork.
- Distribute most of the thyme and sage on top and around the vegetables.
- Liberally coat everything with salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Cover with another sheet of aluminum foil to seal in the moisture.
- Put in the oven for 20-25 minutes at 375 F.
This should be done near the end of roasting the pork so the juices from the roasting can be incorporated at the end.
- Put the vinegar, water, peach, a good pinch of salt and pepper, and the remaining thyme and sage in the sauce pan.
- Use medium heat to reduce it down until the peach pieces are thoroughly cooked down and the sauce thickens, roughly 10-12 minutes.
- Remove the pork and place on a cutting board to rest.
- Equally distribute the vegetables into two bowls (for consumption).
- Pour the juices in the foil into the sauce, mix, and reduce another 2 minutes.
- Slice the pork on a diagonal in 1/4 thick pieces (keeps it tender).
- Place some of the pieces on top of the vegetables in each bowl.
- Top with the peach gastrique. Make sure the thyme sprigs are removed from the dish.